Terraced houses in Edinburgh

Hedging again

Community Council News
City of Edinburgh Council banner on the subect of overgrown vegetation (c) John Yellowlees

Summertime, and wheelchair users, families, anyone who needs more room on the pavement, or who is social-distancing, have joined again the never ending battle with overgrown vegetation on property boundaries.

If you are experiencing problems you can:

  • "Report a foliage problem!" with the City Council here: https://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/overhangingfoliage (don't be put off - most of the steps here can be ignored if they seem complicated)
  • Speak to, or drop a note through the door of, the relevant householder(s). Not sure what to say? The Murrayfield Community Council has a form of words in letter-form that you can download from 'Useful Downloads' below.

Image credit: (c) J Yellowlees

Useful downloads