The Roseburn Path will be closed at the point where it passes under Queensferry Road, and large diversions for cyclists and pedestrians are envisaged. The engineers say:
"Further to previous communications regarding the construction works which are currently underway on the North Edinburgh Path Network, please note details below regarding forthcoming work on the Roseburn Path.
As part of the drainage and surfacing improvements on the Roseburn Path at Queensferry Road a full path closure and diversion will be in place commencing 9th April for 2 weeks. We appreciate this is a key section of the route which will also require a lengthy diversion between suitable access ramps, therefore:
- We have brought forward the programme for this section of work so it covers part of the Easter holidays in the hope that this will cause the least disruption – with works planned for the week commencing 9th April.
- Working hours will be reduced to 9.30am-4.00pm and the path will remain open outside these times.
- New advance signage and improved diversion maps and notices will be erected along the route.
- Email notifications will be issued in advance of the works commencing.
- Unfortunately, on the diversion route a crossing of Queensferry Road is unavoidable and cyclists will be directed to dismount and use the pedestrian crossing.
Please note that there will be a further path closure and diversion at the southern end of the Roseburn Path at the A8 from 23rd April for a further 2 weeks. We are currently working to establish a suitable diversion route and will share this with you as soon as this is available.
These works are essential as part of the on-going maintenance programme and we apologise in advance for any inconvenience that these works may cause. Please contact John McCormack John.McCormack@balfourbeatty.com with any queries. Alternatively, if you wish to discuss these works with a Council Officer please contact Bryan Mackie, Professional Officer, email@example.com or 0131 469 5678."