The late 18th century milestone between West Coates and Roseburn Terrace now has an interpretive plaque. It reads:
"Milestone by Corstorphine District Turnpike Trust on the 'Middle Way' via Bathgate completed in 1798, the fastest of the three routes between Edinburgh and Glasgow. Apparently the inscriptions were re-cut c. 1840. This is also the ancient route to Linlithgow, after 1751 the 'Northern Route' turnpike to Glasgow."
The plaque was organised by the Community Council.
Photo credits: (c) J Riddell