Murrayfield Community Council is the Community Council for Saughtonhall, Ravelston (including southwestern parts of Blinkbonny and Craigleith), Roseburn, Murrayfield and Wester Coates.
The Community Council area is situated about 2 miles west of Central Edinburgh. It is approximately bounded by (from the West, and inclusive):
Murrayfield SPIRE Hospital, Rest and Be Thankful, Ravelston Dykes Lane, west and north boundaries of The Mary Erskine & Stewart's Melville Junior School, Ravelston Heights, Queensferry Road, Roseburn Path, Ravelston Dykes, Ravelston Place, the north and west boundaries of The Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art (Modern One), the Water of Leith weir at The Cauldron, the west boundary of former Donaldson's School grounds, Wester Coates, Devon Place (north side), Sutherland Street and the railway line passing Murrayfield Stadium, Saughtonhall and the Balgreen area, and the east boundary of Carricknowe golf course.
The objectives of the Community Council are:
- to ascertain, co-ordinate and reflect the views of the community which it represents, to liaise with other community groups within the area, and to fairly express the diversity of opinions and outlooks of the people;
- to express the views of the community to the local authority for the area, to public authorities and other organisations;
- to take such action in the interests of the community as appears to it to be desirable and practicable;
- to promote the well-being of the community and to foster a community spirit;
- to be a means whereby the people of the area shall be able to voice their opinions on any matter affecting their lives, their welfare, their environment, its development and amenity.